“The program intends to improve health equity and health outcomes in individuals with genetic conditions, reduce morbidity and mortality caused by genetic conditions (including congenital and metabolic disorders); and to improve the quality of coordinated and comprehensive genetic services to children and their families.”
Purpose of SERN
- Link medically underserved populations (based on poverty, rural geographic location, and/or populations that experience health disparities) to genetic services
- Implement quality improvement activities to increase the connection with genetic services for the medically underserved
- Implement evidence-based innovative models of telehealth and/or telemedicine with a focus on clinical genetics outreach
- Provide resources to genetic service providers, public health officials and families.
- Improve coordinated long-term follow-up and delivery of comprehensive genetic services.
Rani Singh, PhD
Hans Andersson, MD
Theresa Pringle, MPH
2165 North Decatur Road
Decatur, GA 30033-5307